heart in the clouds

January 9, 2011

{Life is Precious}

I have never gone through a whirlwind of emotions in one whole day. Today I learned an old dear friend of mine, Katie Schiessler, had passed away...or so I thought! She must feel such a need for help and trying to cry out to loved ones as she posted something on Facebook in the wee hours of the morning stating "KT had passed away and the funeral was planned for Thursday". Yes you heard me right...SHE wrote this on her own wall. Immediately I was contacted by friends and was left with shock, disbelief, she was too young, how could this happen to her...all to find out a few short hours later that she had created this havoc herself. I feel sorry for Katie, I wish she knew how many people truly love and care about her, and most importantly this situation taught me to think of what precious things I have in my life.

I know our time on earth is not forever (although our blog might state so), but it really makes you sit back and think of what means the most to you. So here are a few things that are super important to me ~

*Going to bed every night with my wonderful husband...we always make a deal to go to bed together and not leave one of us up late.

*Seeing my beautiful niece run up to me saying "Ray Ray" and hugging me to death saying "I've missed you so much"...just melts my heart

*Seeing Wendybird so SO excited to go to bed at night, get up in the morning, and snuggle on the couch. Her expressions are priceless and Dustin & I laugh about them all the time!

* Spending many a nights with the Hall clan and enjoying every moment when we visit the Mitchell clan in VA.

Its funny when you think about whats important to you, you never mention accessories, materialistic things, or statuses in life...its simply just a feeling. Its hard to think about, but someday when I'm gone, I hope that people remember me for the feelings they felt when we were together and not anything less! I'm going to try and focus more on my feelings for 2011. Cheers!

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment