heart in the clouds

March 11, 2013

The Stork's Newest Arrival ~ Brody Jack Mitchell (b. 2/28/2013)

It has been only 11 days since our life was forever changed AGAIN with the cutest little peanut! It has been a whirlwind of 11 days, but we quickly realize we are BEYOND blessed.

Brody's Birthday Story~

It was 2AM on the morning of the 28th of February (Thankfully not a leap year!) and I started having contractions. I was induced with Blake so I never really knew the feeling of having contractions on my own... needless to say I was laying there thinking "these aren't SOO bad...whats the fuss all about!?" and then they started coming quicker and quicker! I jumped out of bed and got my phone to use my contraction timer app...don't you LOVE the world we live in now?? NO guessing! I could even provide my doctor with a list of each contraction if needed :) Dustin was sound asleep...I guess he was used to my 1am and 4am potty visits he didnt think anything of it. I noticed the contractions were about 6 minutes apart or so. Mind you, 2 days prior the doctor had said that I was already dialated 3cm!

I woke Dustin up and of course he's all "is it time!?!?!?" and starting to freak out... I called the on call doctor and of course they suggested to just come on in. I took my sweet time getting ready, took a shower, picked up the house a little bit... I guess the second pregnancy you feel like a professional and in no rush :).  By 6am we headed out the door and got to the hospital around 6:30am. Went up to labor and delivery and they basically said unless there were any changes to your cervix they would send me home. I DESPERATELY wanted mr. Brody OUT! I had been pregnant for nearly 2 years straight...maybe that was why?? I tried everything to get things moving, drank a TON of water, walked for an hour...Dustin was such a good sport walking up and down every hallway on the L&D floor for an entire hour :). Finally we were done, went back to get checked and my doc finally paid me a visit! She wasn't sure obviously where I "started" when I came in so she wanted me to wait for a couple more hours. I was SURE I was going to have to go BACK home and wait out this little guy for a few more days... time passed...waited for my doc to come back and about 3 hours later (around 11am) she showed up! Thankfully she came in the room by herself and secretly asked me if I wanted to have the baby THAT day or wait until the 5th (my induction date). I immediately said I wanted him out...I served Brody the eviction notice around noon that day when she broke my water :) No turning back now!!

I got the epidural just before they broke my water and just like with Blake my labor progressed REALLY fast after the epidural. I had about 2 hours of painless contractions until they were about 2 minutes apart. I started feeling a bunch of pain so I had the anestesia nurse pay me a visit. She adjusted the dosage on the epidural and viola! no pain! but OUCH lots of pressure!! She said she would come back in 30 minutes to make sure the pain had subsided.... she literally came back 30 minutes later and Mr. Brody had already made his appearance into this world! It was amazingly fast, just like I felt my pregnancy went (ok well except for the end part!), and these last 11 days! I had just 2-3 pushes and the little guy was SHOCKED to be kicked out I think because he didn't want to breathe for a good minute or so. Such a scary feeling, but I had 100% faith in all of my wonderful nurses and my doctor. Heard that first cry and was immediately relieved that we, Dustin and I, brought another healthy baby boy into this world. Simply. Amazing.

Brody weighed 8.2#'s and was 22 in long and was born at 3:51pm! What a doll and check out that mohawk!



Blake meeting his little brother for the very first time. He wasn't too cool with it, but now if you ask him where his baby brother is he looks over at Brody and smiles :) Just melts my heart!


 



 
What a precious moment I captured...what you DIDN'T see is Blake taking Brody's hat off and taking out his pacifier HA!

GOING HOME!!



1 Day old
11 Days old!

My Boys... Blake always wants Brody's bottles though :)
Daddy's Little Man :)

Brody - my wish for you is to live life to its fullest, know how much you are loved each and every day and never forget the roots from which you came from. We love you SO much and couldn't imagine our world any differently...even if you did come into our lives sooner than we had imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment