heart in the clouds

February 21, 2011

{Alone...but Together}

It is truly amazing how one's life can impact your own without having ever met them. Through a free spirit who used to work at BBH, but recently quit, I was introduced to Valerie Koop (You can read her blog here). She seems to be the woman/wife/mother/family member/friend/talented artist that I ever imagined. However, as I've been following this beautiful woman, her husband had been losing his battle with cancer. Wayne, her husband, had just lost his battle only 2 weeks ago. I find myself constantly checking on her blog (someone I don't even really know, but I feel like I'm her best friend) to see how she has been doing. Its devastating to hear the pain and mourning she is going through. I can't help myself but to begin thinking how thankful I am that I am not alone.

I just read one of her most recent blog entries about being "Alone" and while I sit here in this boring Hilton hotel in Boston, all by myself, just after D left me to head back to Denver, I too felt alone. Its so hard to put into perspective one being alone as a widow and one feeling alone by literally being alone. It makes me reevaluate my life to know that although I am alone right now. Right this minute. I know that I won't be alone in a few short days. I will get to see my hubby, my beautiful niece, my amazing family and friends and go right back to living my life. While this role model of a woman will still be "alone". So my heart breaks for Mrs. Wayne Koop as she attempts to bring her world back together to shine again as that amazing mother/wife/friend/talented photographer that she knows she can be.

There are amazing people out there...really willing to jump up and help when someone is in need (I need to be more like them). So jump up and send along your prayers to the Koop family and take a look at this great auction being put together to help the Koop family to heal and provide for their needs.

~ Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment