heart in the clouds

February 14, 2011

New Ventures

Although most people make New Year's resolutions at the beginning of the New year, I made mine as of 02/01/11 (that's still at the beginning of the year right?). I officially made the step to join Weight Watchers to once and for all take control of my health. There are so many things that I want and want to do, but just know my body wouldn't handle it right now.

I have taken over this new challenge with my sweet/hilarious/awesome friend Erin. She said it perfectly when she described her first night starting WW. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the first week she did, but she described the meeting very clearly to me. She said she really liked it...she said it was a bit of an older crowd, but the WW leader was great, and the thing I mostly took away from her was that she had said this time felt different....like she was really in this for the long haul.

I've gone on many different diets (well...attempted them) and they all ended in a very short time. I've been overweight almost my entire life. I played softball...was always a muscular girl, played other sports, even in the nerdy marching band. I look back and realize just how in shape I was back then... those days are long gone and while I know I can't go back to them, I look to the future to be as in just as good of shape if not better. So while my great friend Erin said "this time was different" it really struck a nerve with me. I too feel this time is different. I am constantly looking at what I'm eating and most importantly, I have not yet missed a day of tracking what I'm eating (that's a whopping 14 days already!) Don't they say it takes 3 weeks to make a habit?? I know I'm on the right track to getting where I want to go. As of my first weigh in, 2/8, I am already down 1.2 lbs. While you're thinking "what's the big deal... a whopping 1lb" but I see it as a victory, a loss, on the right path.

So here's to 2011, to a new year and a new me (at least the outside at least)!

Cheers
~ Rachel

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Hope you are enjoying Boston--and can't wait to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete