heart in the clouds

February 23, 2011

{Isn't it Funny??}

Isn't it funny how your life changes as you get older?

Most of you are thinking "duh...of course you change as you get older!"

I mean one's preferences change so much as time moves on. I was just discussing with a fellow co-workier about how I thought I would really love to travel for work. How I thought I would have loved to have my life be the model to the movie "Up In the Air" with George Clooney (wouldn't be too shabby meeting up with him either *wink wink*) and knowing how to make my way through airports like a professional...run off to another city for a quick meeting...



 I thought I would love to work in the heart of the city, in where all the hustle and bustle is present. Where everyone walks or commutes into the city by train... I thought for sure I would be working in an office like our Boston office at BBH where the buildings are so close you can see the guy working in the office building next to yours but he can't see you...



Most of all... I never thought how much I would miss home. What I have learned is that I don't want any of that. Although, its nice to be able to get a taste of this lifestyle I once thought I wanted, I want to go home to D and Dubbs (aka Wendy).

I miss coming home to her being so excited to see me...
I miss going to sleep at night next to D and waking up next to him in the mornings...
I miss seeing my niece and hearing about her exciting first day at preschool
I miss driving a CAR (isn't that crazy??)...

Fortunately just 1 more day left in Beantown all by my lonesome and then its back to home I go... I just can't wait! While I was here though, I did get to visit and taste some of these things (enjoy!!):

Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market - Local vendor market place


Cheers (looks NOTHING like the set... but the set was modeled after this location)


Union Oyster House est. 1826 (longest running restaurant in America)


Fenway Park (Although D is a big Yankees fan, the history here is amazing!

Haaavard Yaaad (Harvard Yard for non Bostonians)- we felt SO intimidated with all the intelligence here :)


Till Later...
~Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment